iCan Bike Summer Program
The NLSD 122 Special Education Department is excited to be hosting the iCan Bike Summer Program again this upcoming summer! Below you will find more information about this amazing program.
- Location: Spencer Crossing Intermediate, 1711 Spencer Road, New Lenox, IL 60541
- Camp Date: June 11-June 15, 2018
- Orientation Date: June 10, 2018 at 4:00pm **Parents/Volunteers Only**
- Session Times: Riders attend one 75-minute session each day for 5 consecutive days.
- Session 1: 8:30-9:45am
- Session 2: 10:05-11:20am
- Session 3: 11:40-12:55pm
- Session 4: 2:00-3:15pm
- Session 5: 3:35-4:50pm
Volunteer Registration Information
iCan Bike Volunteer Registration is now OPEN!
We are currently seeking individuals 15 years old and above who are interested in playing an important part in helping our special riders learn to ride a two-wheel bicycle independently. No prior experience with individuals with disabilities is required. We ask that volunteers commit to attending the session assigned for all 5-days of the camp to provide consistency for our riders. In addition, volunteers are asked to attend the orientation on Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 4:00pm.
If you would like to sign up to volunteer, please submit the volunteer registration form below.
Rider Registration Information
Our camp is currently full. Please feel free to complete the registration in the event a rider does not attend. Thank you for your interest and please keep us in mind for future camp opportunities!
- Riders must meet all of the below criteria to participate:
- Minimum of 8 years of age
- Have a disability
- Maximum weight 220 lbs.
- Able to walk without assistive device
- Able to sidestep to both sides
- Willing and able to wear a properly fitted bike helmet
- Able to attend camp all 5 days
- Minimum inseam of 20" (measure from floor while rider is wearing sneakers
- Camp Cost
- New Lenox Residents-$200
- Registration Dates
- New Lenox Residents beginning on Monday, January 8, 2018.
- Non-Residents beginning on Monday, March 5, 2018.
Click HERE to register.