Spencer Crossing, Bentley and Martino Jr. High
5th Grade Orchestra
FYI - The schedules below are from the 2018-2019 school year. New schedules will be available when the new school year starts. These have been left to give incoming parents & students a look at what to expect in 5th grade orchestra.
Bentley & Crossing
MONDAYS & THURSDAYS
Location: Spencer Crossing
**Bentley students will take a shuttle bus back to school after rehearsal.
Fifth Grade Orchestra - Spring/Summer Information
Thank you for a fun first year in New Lenox! It was a great year, building on our successes and getting to know each other. I hope every student enjoyed orchestra and learned something about music and about themselves. Please click on link below and take our spring orchestra survey. This serves as registration for 6th grade orchestra also notifies me a student will not be continuing.
- If a student is continuing in orchestra in 6th grade it is recommended they keep their instrument over the summer to practice. I will pass out fun music to work on during our last few sectionals. There will also be a camp for incoming 6th grade orchestra students in August. The dates will be posted on the main orchestra page as well as an online registration form. Paper forms will be sent before school is finished.
- If you rent from Quinlan & Fabish, and are continuing in the fall - please keep the instrument. Any rental equity credit you accumulate is forfeited if you return the instrument and rent again in the fall.
- If your child is NOT continuing next year, make sure to fill out the linked form above. You will also need to call the rental company to let them know you are returning the instrument. If you rented from Q&F, the student can leave the instrument with me at the first sectional they have after the spring concert. Q&F's number is: 800-637-6872
- Lincoln Way Youth Strings is an excellent supplement if your child really loves to play. I have quite a few students who play in both their school orchestra and LWYS. Information is at www.lwyouthstrings.com
- Summer lessons are a great way to keep up your skills and even learn new things. Many students are surprised how quickly they improve with one-on-one lessons. Here's a link to local private teachers. Private_Teacher_List_2018.pdf