Welcome to Mrs. Lavey's 8th grade mathematics class!
NEED MATH HELP?
- See Mrs. Lavey during Advisory, blocks 5A (Blue Day) or 12A (Gold Day).
- Attend Math Lab in Room 3 any school day during blocks 5A/5B (Blue Day) and 12A/12B (Gold Day).
- Attend After School Study Club in Room 31 on Wednesdays at 2:50pm - 3:45pm.
Homework Assignments: Week of May 14th: Below is a tentative schedule. Please refer to your Assignment Notebook for accurate daily assignments.
- Student PowerSchool Digits Introduction Video
- Digits MyMathUniverse
- IXL Math 8
- IXL Algebra Practice
- 8th Grade PARCC Online Student Tutorial
- 8th Grade PARCC Practice Test
- Common Core Math Practice
- Online StopWatch
PSAT 8/9 Practice
- PSAT NearPod
WEBSITES FOR MATH HELP & MATH TOOLS
- Graphing Calculator
- Graphing Calculator with Absolute Value
- Khan Academy
- Linear Equations (How to Solve and Graph)
- Factoring Trinomials (x2+bx+c)
- Practicing Factoring (Rags to Riches)
- Multiplying Monomials
- Coordinate Plane Practice
- Math Counts
- Math Playground
- Virtual Manipulatives
- Equation Games with Fractions
- AAA Math
- Ask Dr. Math
- Discover Engineering
- Math Libs
- Math is Fun
- Perimeter & Area Practice
- Geometry Practice
- Math Train (Math Videos)
- Bright Strom (Math Videos)
- National Science Digital Library
- The Futures Channel
- Career Aisle
- Virtual Math Library
- Math Fact Practice
- Basic Skills Practice
- Careers in Engineering
- Engineer Your LIfe
- Absolute Value- You Tube: Ferris
- One-Step Equations- You Tube
- Functions- You Tube: Thrift Shop Parody
- Parabola- You Tube: "It's My Parabola"
- Parabola- You Tube: "I can graph a Parabola"
- Slope- You Tube Rap
- Order of Operations- You Tube: "PEMDAS Style"
- Order of Operations- You Tube: Roar Parody
- Order of Operations- You Tube: The PEMDAS Shuffle
- Graph a Linear Equations- You Tube
- Algebra 25: Linear Equations: You Tube (Slope-Intercept Form & Point-Slope Form)
- Algebra 21: Slope: You Tube
- Algebra 28: Solving Motion Problems with Linear Equations
- Trick for calculating larger perfect square roots
- Math Videos- All different concepts
- Pi Videos (Video 1 (1:30 min), Video 2 (2:53 min), History of Video (5:32 min.), Video 4 (6:10 min).)
- Brain Teasers: Find the Animals (7:30min),