Welcome to Mrs. Smith's 7th grade Pre-Algebra!
***Pennies Fur P.A.W.S. ended Thursday, November 10th and I am so proud of each math class! Overall, we raised a total of $454.36!! Great job 7th grade math students!***
PowerSchool (Parents & Students)
Extra Math Practice Sites:
www.sheppardsoftware.com (go to Math Games – Quick Calculations)
www.playkidsgames.com (go to Math Games – Math Fact Practice)
www.mathplayground.com ( go to Computation or Just The Facts)
www.ixl.com/math/grade-7 (IXL Math)
Late Slip - A late slip is used for both late and absent work. It must be filled out & turned in if an assignment is completed after class on the day it is due in order to receive credit.
In order to retake a test you must complete both of the forms below:
Test Reflection Sheet - Correct the questions that you missed on your original test and show your new work on this paper.
Test_Retake_Ticket- Must be completed & signed by a parent/guardian before retaking a test.
How to Access Digits:
1.Log in to powerschool with your STUDENT username and password.
2.Click on “Pearson Courses” on the left hand side of your screen.
3.Choose the “digits – grade 7 realize edition” link.
4.To access extra examples and the examples we do in class, click on “Programs”
5.To access homework assignments, click on “Classes”
- Assignment Notebook
- Spiral Notebook or 3-ring Binder
- #2 pencils for all assignments (no pen!)
- Expo Markers
- Student Companion (kept in classroom)
- Students are allowed 2 days to complete and assignment after the due date.
- If work is completed late online, students MUST complete a late slip in order to receive credit on powerschool (see important documents).
- MOST absent work can be found online on Digits. Students are responsible for their own absent work and should still check the class folders located in the front of the room to see if there were any paper handouts that they missed.
Homework (20% of grade):
- Digits homework is taken for an accuracy grade. Be sure to utilize tools such as "View an Example", "Help Me Solve This", and "Similar Question" in order to earn the best grade possible!
In-Class (30% of grade):
- Skills checks are given after every 2-3 lessons completed in class. Skills checks are on paper and are open note, open book, open [paper] homework. Students will not be able to access Digits during a skills check, they cannot be retaken.
Tests (50% of grade):
- Notes are not allowed on tests. Tests are on Digits. Be sure to have all homework assignments completed for the chapter prior to taking the test!
- Only tests can be retaken. Both forms under "important documents" on the site hub must be completed prior to retaking a test. All assignments for the chapter must be completed as well, and students have one week to complete a retake.
- To schedule a retake, students must meet with me first to agree upon a day and time.