Assignments are written in the assignment notebook daily. Many assignments are posted on Google Classroom. On a typical week, you can expect to have the following homework:
- Wordly Wise comprehension (only every 2-3 weeks)
- Study for Vocabulary Quiz on TuesdaysTuesday
- Essential Question paragraph due on Wednesdays
- Study for Grammar Quiz on WednesdaysWednesday
- Vocabulary video "flipped" lesson due Thursdays (posted on Google Classroom)Thursday
- "Think Critically" comprehension questions due on Fridays (directions to log-in to online textbook are below)
- Grammar WSQ "flipped" lesson due on Fridays (posted on Google Classroom)Friday
- No homework on the weekends unless a student has been absent or has missing assignments!
40 Book Challenge!
This year, each student will participate in the 40 Book Challenge! To complete it, they will complete a book about every 8-10 days! So, students should be reading at least 20 minutes per day at home. We will also have time to read in school!
Students should try to cover the following genre:
Poetry (2) Realistic fiction (5) Historical fiction (2) Fantasy (2)
Mystery (2) Informational (2) Biography/autobiography (2)
Chapter-book choice (23+)
If your child forgets his/her Story Town textbook or Practice workbook at home, it is now available online! To access the e-books, please follow these steps: