I am Annie Rediehs and this is my first full year teaching! I am very excited for what the year has in store for all of us. I can't wait to watch us learn and grow together.
- 1 year as Project Begin Teacher at Cherry Hill (2016-2017)
- I was the Special Education Substitute Specialist last year (2015-2016) for the New Lenox District.
- Also I student taught in Mrs. Gina's (the previous project begin teacher) classroom in Spring of 2015 before I graduated.
Quick Fun Side Notes:
- I am left-handed
- I am a HUGE Chicago Cubs fan and Chicago Blackhawks fan
- Milk Chocolate is my guilty pleasure
I graduated from Eastern Illinois University in the Spring of 2015. I double majored in Special Education and Early Childhood.
Why I Teach:
I started volunteering my freshman year of high school at a camp in Iowa for people with special needs. Since then I have gone back every single summer to volunteer. I have dealt with many different kinds of needs because of this experience. Some of my campers have been as young as two years old, and some have been as old as 70 years old. Although I love every minute at this camp... I felt a special connection to some of the younger campers. There is so much hope in their eyes to learn more, and believe the best in people that it is absolutely breathtaking. It is because of this camp that I decided to go into teaching and chose to double major in special education and early childhood. I teach because I love to see the difference I can make in my students and their families. However, I also teach because I love to see the difference the students make in my life as well.