Please click the area below for ideas to incorporate language practice and enhancement in to your daily routines.
NOVEMBER words, questions, and activities to incorporate into your days with your children using good articulation skills as they say the words or complete the activities:
WORDS/CONCEPTS: time change, fall, election, ballot, voting, governor, Thanksgiving, parade, turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cornucopia, rolls, pie, dessert, please, thank you, family, sharing, games, parent teacher conferences, report cards, grades
- Tell me about what you read in class today. What did your teacher read to you today?
- If you could choose, who would you like to sit by in class? Who would you not want to sit by in class? Why?
- Play board games with your family (Chutes and ladders, Candy Land, Sorry, Trouble etc.) practice sharing and taking turns.
JANUARY words, questions, and activities to incorporate into your days with your children using good articulation skills as they say the words or complete the activities:
WORDS/CONCEPTS:January, New Year’s Day, Parades, Happy New Year, thank you notes, 2019, Martin Luther King Junior, snow, igloo, sledding, chilly, wind chill, degree, temperature, bundle up, snowmobile, ice skating, shoveling, hot chocolate, marshmallows, whipcream, bitter cold, ice, freezing, icicles, slippery.
Can you show me something you learned today?
What part of school is your favorite?
- Write thank you notes to family members for gifts that were received.
- Go Ice skating
- Go sledding
- Make hot chocolate together