Welcome to Miss Jandacek’s third grade class! I am delighted to be your child’s teacher for the year and have many exciting activities planned for the coming months. In order for our classroom to run smoothly and efficiently during these activities, students will be expected to follow our classroom rules:
- Respect others and their property.
- Take responsibility for your actions.
- Come prepared to class. Do your homework!
- Listen to directions. Follow them the first time they are given.
Our classroom follows the “Red Card, Yellow Card, Green Card” system. If one of the above expectations is not met, students will face our classroom consequences.
- Green Card: Child starts on green card for day and stays on green after one warning. After the first warning, the child is also removed from group/activity and asked to work independently.
- Yellow Card: Child is asked to switch card to yellow after second warning. The student will fill out a yellow slip stating the behavior/choice that was inappropriate. The student and myself will then sign the slip and it will be sent home for a parent signature. It will need to be signed and returned the following day. A student/teacher conference will take place, and the child will be my “shadow” during ten minutes of structured P.E. instead of playing with friends.
- Red Card: Child is asked to switch card to red after third warning. Parents will receive an email or phone call home that day. The student will fill out a red card slip stating what behavior/choice was inappropriate and it will be sent home for a guardian signature. A student/teacher conference will take place. The student also is my “shadow” during ten minutes of structured P.E. time, and writes an apology letter during class.
*If a child exhibits physical, violent, and/or bullying behavior, he/she will be sent to the office to discuss the matter with Dr. Hall.*
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact me at (815) 485-2115, Ext. 6241 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Email is preferred.) Once again, I am excited about working with your children. I welcome questions or comments and am looking forward to a great year!
Miss Jill Jandacek
Expectation Night PowerPoint: Expectation_Night.pptx