March 22nd, 2019
Room 14 Newsletter
Spring Break is here! March 25th to April 2nd!
When we return from break our class will be participating in the state wide IAR Assessment testing. We will not be having our usual curriculum routines. We will not be testing in Math or Language Arts during the IAR Assessment week. There will be no Fluency folder readings. I encourage students to bring a healthy snack and get a good sleep during test week. All students need working headphones for the IAR Test. Please double check with your child to see if they are in need a headphones.
ATTENTION! There is a new BOXTOPS Contest! Now through March 22nd--the class at each grade level that collects the most boxtops wins a milk and donut breakfast!
Our Haines Food Drive continues. Please consider donating.
What’s coming up:
Begin Unit 3 Module A Lesson 1-5
Spelling Test: There will be no Spelling or Vocabulary Tests during the weeks of IAR state testing.
All lists are on my Haines School webpage. Please know, vocabulary words may repeat, and words learned on previous lessons could be tested on later weeks.
Unit 7 Fractions
Branches of Government
March 25th- April 2nd Spring Break
April 3rd School Resumes.
April 19th and April 22nd No School
May 3rd 1/2 Day, 12:15 dismissal
May 27 No School, Memorial Day
May 28th No School
Unit 3: Module A Lessons 1-5
Spelling Words tested. Testing Thursday, April 18th
1. wolves 2. knives 3. feet 4. men 5. children
6. women 7. sheep 8. heroes 9. scarves 10. mice
11. geese 12. cuffs 13. elves 14. banjos 15. halves
Unit 3: Module A Lesson 1-5
Vocabulary Words Tested
Be able to understand the meaning of the word in text and other variations of the word
1. canyon- a deep gorge, valley
2. ceremony- a formal occasion or ritual (variation- ceremonial)
3. sweep- a wide continuous surface, to extend (variation- sweeping)
4. traced- to copy or draw, to follow (variations- retrace, traceable,
5. surround- to enclose, encircle or be around something (variation-
6. fluttering- flapping, waving, or flaring (variation- fluttery)
2018 - 2019 School Year Schedule
Daily Special Times/Schedule:2:30-3:00
Blue Days: P.E.
White Days: Art/Music
Computer Lab: Thursday 1:00
(All students will need working headphones)
Library: Friday, 12:30-1:00
(Books should be returned by Friday morning)