My name is Nancy Mistro. I have been teaching since 1997 when I graduated from Olivet Nazarene University with my bachelor's degree in elementary education. I have taught fourth grade, kindergarten, fifth grade, and third grade during my career. I am so excited to have the opportunity to work with second graders. I love to see the excitement and progress that my students make over the course of our year. I know that we will all be learning from each other as we experience second grade together!
Some other facts about me:
- My birthday is August 28.
- I was a fifth grade teacher at Nelson Ridge from 2002-2015. This is my third year at Nelson Prairie. (I taught third grade for the last two years.)
- I love all things coffee and chocolate!
- I have been to France to work at a children's camp, and have been on a Caribbean cruise. I want to someday travel to Alaska to see the Iditarod and travel by train through Ireland, England, and Scotland.
- My favorite movies include "National Treasure 1 and 2" and many old black-and-white movies.
Olivet Nazarene University
Favorite Thing About Teaching:
I absolutely love being a teacher! When I was in fourth grade, I knew that I would grow up to be a teacher, and that dream never went away. I love to see the spark in a student's eyes when they grasp a difficult concept, the pure joy of students playing on the playground, the stories that students share about their lives, and the opportunity to know that I can make a difference for the future.
reading, scrapbooking, playing the piano
I was married in 2010 to Scot, a true "car guy" who enjoys working on and rebuilding cars and engines. We have a cat named Macy, a husky named Akira, and a husky puppy named Denali.
I don't have one favorite book because there are so many out there. My reading list is called "Mistro Mountain" because there are so many I want to read. Some favorites would include the Anne of Green Gables series, the Little House on the Prairie series, Charlotte's Web, and the Ramona series.