Nurse - Nelson Prairie
What Does a School Nurse Do?
- Provides health services that increase school attendance
- Helps prevent and control the spread of communicable disease
- Administers specialized services to students (medications, tube feedings, insulin)
- Verifies immunizations to keep the school in compliance with state mandates
- Screens for hearing and vision deficits
- Provides health professional input and direction for school and community policies and programs
- Educates students and staff on managing their own health and wellness
- Assists in the evaluation of students for special education services
The School Nurse: Better Health. Better Learning.
School Health Exam Requirements for Students in Grades 1-3:
- Dental Exam
New students who did not attend an Illinois school last year:
- Physical Exam with immunizations on an ILLINOIS school form
- Vision Exam