PLEASE NOTE: All tests and quizzes are noted in the 'Academic Updates' section in red print. The information below is for the subjects MRS. DECKINGA teaches. Please see your child's Math/Science/Social Studies teacher's webpage for their important information.
Weekly Updates for May 14-June 1
- ART weeks 5/14-18, MUSIC weeks 5/21-6/1
- Ice cream sold at lunch for $1 every Tuesday and Thursday for the year!
- School Spirit Week 5/14-5/18
Monday-Team uniform day
Tuesday- Silly socks/shoes day
Neon yellow day
Nelson Ridge day
STAR OF THE WEEK
- May 14-18: Ellie T.
UPCOMING STUDENT BIRTHDAYS:
- Raine M: May 14
- Ellie T: May 18
- Ryan B: May 19
- Respect Pillar Award Winner: ASHLEY W.
- Responsibility Pillar Award Winner: NICHOLAS V.
- Caring Pillar Award Winner: SOPHIA A.
- Fairness Pillar Award Winner: ETHAN M.
- Trustworthiness Pillar Award Winner: KAITLYN B.
- Citizenship Pillar Award Winner: BRANDON M.
- Grammar: Continue practicing on IXL skills listed below.
- Writing: word choice and vivid details, voice, accurate words and phrases, organization, narrative forms
- Spelling: No spelling test with this lesson.
- Use IXL for more practice with skills. See "Site Hub" page for login information. Newest skill(s) listed first:
- Possessive Nouns: B.11-B.13
- Narrative Forms: Z.2
- Common and Proper Nouns: B.1-B.4
- Adjectives: E.1-E.3, F.1-F.3, F.5, F.10-F.12
- Plural Nouns: B.5-B.10
- Pronouns: C.1-C.4, C.6-C.9
- Author's Purpose and Perspective: V.3, V.4
- Prepositional Phrases: G.1-G.4
- Simple/compound sentences: A.8, A.9, H.1, H.2
- Prefixes/Suffixes/Roots: N.1-N.11
- Character Traits and Motivations: Y.1-Y.3
- Capitalization: K.1-K.6, M.1-M.5
- Compound Subjects/predicates: A.8, A.9, H.1, H.2
- Subjects/Predicates: A.2, A.3, A.4
- Sentence Fragments: A.5, A.6, A.7, A.10, A.11
- Sentence Types: A.1
- Synonyms/Antonyms: Q.1-Q.6
* Our class goes to specials every morning from 7:45-8:15.
BLOCK 1: LRC (Library) will be on THURSDAYS at 8:30 am
BLOCK 2: LRC (Library) will be on THURSDAYS at 12:15 pm
- Story: "The Case of the Too-Hot Apple Cider," pages 524-531
- Vocabulary: ominous, confound, miserable, gracious, beams, self-assurance, monitor, exposed, installed, looming
- Skill: fact/opinion, theme, writing answers to questions in complete sentences using TTQA, "Turn The Question Around."
- Lesson 20 TEST on story and vocabulary only on THURSDAY 5/17.
- Use QUIZLET to practice vocabulary. See "Site Hub" for directions.
- NO FLUENCY SHEETS WILL GO HOME FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE YEAR!!!
Contact Information: (815) 462-2870 or firstname.lastname@example.org