PLEASE NOTE: All tests and quizzes are noted in the 'Academic Updates' section in red print. The information below is for the subjects MRS. DECKINGA teaches. Please see your child's Math/Science/Social Studies teacher's webpage for their important information.
Fourth GradeRoom 114
Weekly Updates for April 3-17
- MUSIC week 4/3-7; ART week 4/10-17
- Ice cream sold at lunch for $1.00 every Tuesday and Thursday for the year!
- NO SCHOOL TUESDAY, APRIL 4th (Teachers' Institute/Election Day)
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY, APRIL 14th (Good Friday)
STAR OF THE WEEK
- Brian Szpak: April 3-7
- Izzy Miller: April 10-14
Upcoming Student Birthdays:
- Lilia Stahr: March 25
- Lucas LeGrand: March 29
- Brian Szpak: April 9
- Izzy Miller: April 16
- Respect Pillar Award Winner: BRAD FITZGIBBON
- Responsibility Pillar Award Winner: NOAH PATRICK
- Caring Pillar Award Winner: AMELIA PETERSON
- Fairness Pillar Award Winner: MADISON LUCKETT
- Trustworthiness Pillar Award Winner:
- Citizenship Pillar Award Winner:
- Grammar: pronouns and antecedents
- Writing: main idea and details, narrative writing,
- Spelling: Lesson 14 pretest on Monday 4/3. Skill: words with /en/ ending. LESSON 14 TEST on THURSDAY, 4/13. Extra credit words: dolphin, opinion, oxygen, veteran, option
* Our class goes to specials every morning from 7:45-8:15.
BLOCK 1: LRC (Library) will be on THURSDAYS at 8:30 am
BLOCK 2: LRC (Library) will be on THURSDAYS at 12:10 pm
- Story: "The Stranger," pages 370-384
- Vocabulary: hermit, fascinated, occasionally, timid, peculiar, drab, trembling, dashed
- Skill: draw conclusions, predict outcomes
- Lesson 14 TEST on story, vocabulary, reading skill(s), and Grammar skill will be FRIDAY, 4/7.
- Your child should be practicing their fluency sheet at least one time a day, EVERY day. Newest fluency sheets will go home Monday, 4/3.
Contact Information: (815) 462-2870 or firstname.lastname@example.org