PLEASE NOTE: All tests and quizzes are noted in the 'Academic Updates' section in red print. The information below is for the subjects MRS. DECKINGA teaches. Please see your child's Math/Science/Social Studies teacher's webpage for their important information.
Weekly Updates for April 16-27
- ART week 4/16-4/20; MUSIC weeks 4/23-4/27
- Ice cream sold at lunch for $1 every Tuesday and Thursday for the year!
STAR OF THE WEEK
- April 16-20: Hadley O.
- April 23-27: Ryan B.
UPCOMING STUDENT BIRTHDAYS:
- Ethan M. - March 27
- Respect Pillar Award Winner: ASHLEY W.
- Responsibility Pillar Award Winner: NICHOLAS V.
- Caring Pillar Award Winner: SOPHIA A.
- Fairness Pillar Award Winner: ETHAN M.
- Trustworthiness Pillar Award Winner: KAITLYN B.
- Citizenship Pillar Award Winner:
- Grammar: comparing with adjectives
- Writing: word choice and vivid details, voice, accurate words and phrases, organization, narrative forms
- Spelling: Skill: words with irregular plurals and possessives. NO SPELLING TEST FOR THIS UNIT.
- Use IXL for more practice with skills. See "Site Hub" page for login information. Newest skill(s) listed first:
- Narrative Forms: Z.2
- Common and Proper Nouns: B.1-B.4
- Adjectives: E.1-E.3, F.1-F.3, F.5, F.10-F.12
- Plural Nouns: B.5-B.10
- Pronouns: C.1-C.4, C.6-C.9
- Author's Purpose and Perspective: V.3, V.4
- Prepositional Phrases: G.1-G.4
- Simple/compound sentences: A.8, A.9, H.1, H.2
- Prefixes/Suffixes/Roots: N.1-N.11
- Character Traits and Motivations: Y.1-Y.3
- Capitalization: K.1-K.6, M.1-M.5
- Compound Subjects/predicates: A.8, A.9, H.1, H.2
- Subjects/Predicates: A.2, A.3, A.4
- Sentence Fragments: A.5, A.6, A.7, A.10, A.11
- Sentence Types: A.1
- Synonyms/Antonyms: Q.1-Q.6
* Our class goes to specials every morning from 7:45-8:15.
BLOCK 1: LRC (Library) will be on THURSDAYS at 8:30 am
BLOCK 2: LRC (Library) will be on THURSDAYS at 12:15 pm
- Story: "Juan Verdades: The Man Who Couldn't Tell a Lie," pages 498-515
- Vocabulary: magnificent, insisted, declared, confidently, distressed, gloated, anxiously
- Skill: theme, narrative forms, writing answers to questions in complete sentences using TTQA, "Turn The Question Around."
- Lesson 19 TEST on story, vocabulary, reading skills, and Grammar skill on Friday 4/20.
- Use QUIZLET to practice vocabulary. See "Site Hub" for directions.
- Daily practice fluency sheets will go home Monday, 4/16. Students should practice this for ONE MINUTE EVERY DAY. Practicing more than once a day is even better! Fluency hot scores (score after practicing) will be assessed on FRIDAY, 4/27.
Contact Information: (815) 462-2870 or firstname.lastname@example.org