PLEASE NOTE: All tests and quizzes are noted in the 'Academic Updates' section in red print. The information below is for the subjects MRS. DECKINGA teaches. Please see your child's Math/Science/Social Studies teacher's webpage for their important information.
Weekly Updates for October 23-November 3
- ART weeks
- Ice cream sold at lunch for $1.00 every Tuesday and Thursday for the year!
- Red Ribbon Week October 23-31
- Monday, 10/23: PAJAMA DAY “Sleep Tight & don’t let the drugs bite or bullies fight!”
- Tuesday, 10/24: NERD DAY “Be smart and don’t do drugs!”
- Wednesday, 10/25: TWIN DAY “Double up against drugs & bullies!”
- Thursday, 10/26: OLD DAY “Be wise and don’t use drugs!”
- Friday, 10/27: SPIRIT DAY “Be respectful, responsible, and safe!”
- Monday, 10/30: SPORTS DAY “Be a good sport and stay away from bullies and drugs!”
- Tuesday, 10/31: HALLOWEEN “Trick or Treat, drugs are NOT sweet!”
STAR OF THE WEEK
- October 23-27: Cora G.
- October 16-20: none
UPCOMING STUDENT BIRTHDAYS:
- October 24- Cora G.
- Respect Pillar Award Winner: ASHLEY W.
- Responsibility Pillar Award Winner:
- Caring Pillar Award Winner:
- Fairness Pillar Award Winner:
- Trustworthiness Pillar Award Winner:
- Citizenship Pillar Award Winner:
- Grammar: Review of: declarative, interrogative, exclamatory, and imperative sentence types, interjections, and complete and simple subjects and predicates
- Writing: word choice and vivid details, accurate words and phrases, editing our Scary Moment narratives
- Spelling: Lesson 5 pretest on Monday 10/23. Skill: Review of: short vowel sounds, long vowels and digraphs, variant vowels and diphthongs words, and with suffixes -ed and -ing. See Site Hub for access to spelling practice activities. Lesson 5 Test on Friday, 11/3. Extra Credit words: penguin, bowling, laundry, browse, accusing.
- Use IXL for more practice with skills. See "Site Hub" page for login information. Newest skill(s) listed first:
- Subjects/Predicates: A.2, A.3, A.4
- Sentence Fragments: A.5, A.6, A.7, A.10, A.11
- Sentence Types: A.1
- Synonyms/Antonyms: Q.1-Q.6
* Our class goes to specials every morning from 7:45-8:15.
BLOCK 1: LRC (Library) will be on THURSDAYS at 8:30 am
BLOCK 2: LRC (Library) will be on THURSDAYS at 12:15 pm
- Story: "Pedro Puts on a Play," pages 136-1438
- Vocabulary: culinary, downcast, consternation, vivid, extensive, serenely, reminiscent, pensive, recruit, commenced
- Skill: Review of: character traits and motivations, synonyms and antonyms, compare and contrast, making judgments, writing answers to questions in complete sentences using TTQA, "Turn The Question Around."
- Lesson 5 TEST on story and vocabulary ONLY on Friday 10/27
- Use QUIZLET to practice vocabulary. See "Site Hub" for directions.
- Daily practice fluency sheets will go home Monday, 10/23. Students should practice this for ONE MINUTE EVERY DAY. Practicing more than once a day is even better! Fluency hot scores (score after practicing) will be assessed on Friday, 11/3.
Contact Information: (815) 462-2870 or email@example.com