Weekly Updates for Week of October 23-27, 2017:
- ART Week
- Nelson Ridge Spirit Wear orders have been extended! You can still order online until October 27!
- New Lenox Police Dept. Coat Drive----goes through the month of October! We are collecting gently used coats, of any size, through Halloween. The class with the most coats wins a pizza party with Officer Mike!
- Ice cream sold at lunch for $1.00 every Tuesday and Thursday for the year!
- RED RIBBON WEEK SPIRIT DAYS:
Monday, 10/23: PAJAMA DAY
“Sleep Tight & don’t let the drugs bite or bullies fight!”
Tuesday, 10/24: NERD DAY
“Be smart and don’t do drugs!”
Wednesday, 10/25: TWIN DAY
“Double up against drugs & bullies!”
Thursday, 10/26: OLD DAY
“Be wise and don’t use drugs!”
Friday, 10/27: SPIRIT DAY
“Be respectful, responsible, and safe!"
Monday, 10/30: SPORTS DAY
“Be a good sport and stay away from bullies and drugs!”
Tuesday, 10/31: HALLOWEEN
“Trick or Treat, drugs are NOT sweet!”
STAR OF THE WEEK:
Upcoming Student Birthdays
Character Pillar of the Month: R E S P O N S I B I L I T Y
Respect Pillar Award Winner: Abby B.
Responsibility Award Winner: Daniel J.
Caring Award Winner:
Fairness Award Winner:
Trustworthy Award Winner:
Citizenship Award Winner:
READING: We will begin reading Skeletons: Inside & Out for our next unit.
Skill: Main idea/details; text structure & visuals; compare/contrast
Vocabulary Words: Daily Benchmark Vocabulary Review: (*supports, framework, expand, affect, *flexible, hinge, survive, spongy, ability, vary, hollow, sturdy, fossils, *ancient, detach, tissue, segments, armor)
Story: Unit 1 Anchor Text: Skeletons: Inside and Out (informational text)
Supporting Text: Movers and Shapers & "King of the Parking Lot"
Sleuth: "What Did You Say?" & "Adapting to Survive"
BLOCK 1: LRC (LIBRARY) will be on THURSDAYS at 8:00 a.m.
BLOCK 2: LRC (LIBRARY) will be on THURSDAYS at 12:45 p.m.
Grammar: Simple & compound sentences; Pronouns
Writing: Informational writing with animal focus. (topic/focus/visual)
Spelling: ReadyGEN Lesson 8 word list (-or and -ar words) See Spelling City link below for online access to word list. Paper copy of the list will be sent home on Monday, October 23. Lesson 8 Spelling Test will be on Friday, October 27
Please use online link below for Spelling City, that will help with this week's spelling words. Be sure to search "Kyriacopoulos" and click on the appropriate lesson number for the correct words for the week!
Click link for WONDEROPOLIS
Click link for Tour of the 50 States
Click link for Brain Pop!
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS of the WEEK
1. Reading: Can you identify the main idea and supporting details in informational text? How are visuals used in informational text to support the structure?
2. Language Arts: Are you able to clearly introduce a topic when writing an informative paragraph? Can you include key details to support your engaging topic sentence?
Contact Information: (815) 462-2870 ext. 5354 or email@example.com