Weekly Updates for Week of November 26-30, 2018:
- MUSIC Week
- Monday, 11/19 & Tuesday, 11/20: Parent Teacher Conferences (please sign up online by Nov. 12)
- November 19-23: NO SCHOOL (Thanksgiving Break). School Resumes on Monday, November 26th.
- Ice cream sold at lunch for $1.00 every Tuesday and Thursday for the year!
STAR OF THE WEEK:
Upcoming Student Birthdays
**No December Birthdays!
Character Pillar of the Month: R E S P O N S I B I L I T Y
Respect Pillar Award Winner: Ellie L.
Responsibility Award Winner: Ryan L.
Caring Award Winner:
Fairness Award Winner:
Trustworthy Award Winner:
Citizenship Award Winner:
READING: Review story: "Movers & Shapers" Reading Assessment will be on Wednesday, November 28th.
Skills: Main idea/details; compare & contrast; synonyms & antonyms
DAILY BENCHMARK VOCABULARY for Movers & Shapers
*contract, survive, *rigid, ability, internal, shield, atlas, fused, knitted, rotates, pivot, chambers, vessels, *artificial
Quizlet link for online vocabulary practice: (see "Movers & Shapers")
- Anchor Text: Skeletons: Inside and Out
- Supporting Text(s): "Movers and Shapers" & "King of the Parking Lot"
- Sleuth Story: "What Did You Say?" & "Adapting to Survive"
BLOCK 1: Library will be on THURSDAYS at 8:00 a.m.
BLOCK 2: Library will be on THURSDAYS at 12:45 p.m.
Grammar: nouns: common & proper
Writing: Informational Writing: Bones & Muscles essay
Spelling: List #11: "words with -ed & -ing" **Google Classroom List 11 Spelling Test on Friday, November 30.
Please use online link below for Spelling City, that will help with this week's spelling words. Be sure to search "Kyriacopoulos" and click on the appropriate lesson number for the correct words for the week!
Click link for WONDEROPOLIS
Click link for Tour of the 50 States
Click link for Brain Pop!
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS of the WEEK
1. Reading: Can you identify the main idea/topic sentence in a passage? Can you find 3 details (or more) to support it?
2. Language Arts: Can you compose an informational paragraph that includes a topic sentence, key details, and a conclusion?
Contact Information: (815) 462-2870 ext. 5354 or firstname.lastname@example.org