Weekly Updates for May 22-26, 2017:
- MUSIC Week
- Monday, May 22: BATTLE OF THE BOOKS/Summer Reading Assembly (9 a.m.)
- 4th grade Bowling Field Trip: Friday, May 26 (8:45-11:30 a.m.) **We will be WALKING to Laraway Lanes.
- Friday, May 26: 4th Grade Field Day (12:15-1:45 p.m.)
- Ice cream sold at lunch for $1.00 every Tuesday and Thursday for the year!
STAR OF THE WEEK:
Upcoming Student Birthdays
Character Pillar of the Month: C I T I Z E N S H I P
Respect Pillar Award Winner: Brooke L.
Responsibility Award Winner: Sam H.
Caring Award Winner: Ava S.
Fairness Award Winner: Derek P.
Trustworthy Award Winner: Gianna V.
Citizenship Award Winner: David
Skill: Fantasy genre & Figurative Language
Robust Vocabulary Words: none this week
See link below for Quizlet activities and games for this week's robust vocabulary words. Be sure to click on the appropriate lesson number for the correct words of the week!
Story: click link for ebook Story Town book Fantasy World Project (in-class, independent activity). The students will be able to share with one another on Friday, May 26.
BLOCK 1: LRC (Library) will be on THURSDAYS at 9:50 am
BLOCK 2: LRC (Library) will be on THURSDAYS at 12:50 pm
Writing: Writer's Companion; Summer Writing Prompt
Spelling: see link Spelling Word Lists Done for the year!
Please use online link below for Quizlet activities and games, or Spelling City, that will help with this week's spelling words. Be sure to click on the appropriate lesson number for the correct words for the week!
Quizlet: Online games for spelling review
Click link for WONDEROPOLIS
Click link for Tour of the 50 States
Click link for Brain Pop!
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS of the WEEK
1. Reading: What does the fantasy genre include?
2. Language Arts: Describe the purpose of an ADVERB.
Contact Information: (815) 462-2870 ext. 5354 or firstname.lastname@example.org