Weekly Updates for Week of May 21-25, 2018:
- MUSIC Week
- Friday, May 25: Nelson Ridge Talent Show!! (Begins at 8:30 a.m.)
- Monday, May 28 & Tuesday, May 29: NO SCHOOL (Memorial Day & Teacher Institute Day)
- Wednesday, May 30: FIELD DAY (ALL Popsicle Permission Slips due by this day!!) **Please remember to wear gym shoes & bring a water bottle!
- Thursday, May 31: Yearbook Signing Day!
- Friday, June 1: HALF DAY (LAST DAY) of School **10:35 a.m. dismissal. HAPPY SUMMER!!
- Ice cream sold at lunch for $1.00 every Tuesday and Thursday for the year!
STAR OF THE WEEK:
Upcoming Student Birthdays
Character Pillar of the Month: C I T I Z E N S H I P
Respect Pillar Award Winner: Abby B.
Responsibility Award Winner: Daniel J.
Caring Award Winner: Ava P.
Fairness Award Winner: Nolan B.
Trustworthy Award Winner: Sofia F.
Citizenship Award Winner: Megan S.
READING: Lunch Money novel unit. We will finish the novel this week, and the TEST will be Friday, May 25
Skills: character & plot development; setting; theme
Vocabulary Words: Daily Benchmark Vocabulary for Lunch Money novel: efficient, uneasy, disputes, controversy, pioneering, tycoons, noble, dramatic, contributing, constructive, wholesome, arbitration
Quizlet link for online vocabulary practice:
BLOCK 1: LRC (LIBRARY) will be on THURSDAYS at 8:00 a.m.
BLOCK 2: LRC (LIBRARY) will be on THURSDAYS at 12:45 p.m.
Writing: Creative Writing
Spelling: List #29 Skill: Suffixes
List #29 Test will be on Friday, May 25 (word list will be sent home on Monday, May 14)
Please use online link below for Spelling City, that will help with this week's spelling words. Be sure to search "Kyriacopoulos" and click on the appropriate lesson number for the correct words for the week!
Click link for WONDEROPOLIS
Click link for Tour of the 50 States
Click link for Brain Pop!
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS of the WEEK
1. Reading: Can you identify the main elements of plot in a fiction text?
2. Language Arts: Are you able to compose an opinion paragraph, using text based evidence to support your opinion?
Contact Information: (815) 462-2870 ext. 5354 or firstname.lastname@example.org