Weekly Updates for April 3-7, 2017:
- ART Week
- March Book-It (*last one of the year*) due April 4. Students who completed all of the months (October-March) will earn a chance to select a prize from the prize bin!
- Spring Break: March 27-March 31. School resumes on Monday, April 3
- Earth Day Field Trip! Permission slips will be passed out on April 3. Forms & payment are due back by April 16.
- Ice cream sold at lunch for $1.00 every Tuesday and Thursday for the year!
STAR OF THE WEEK:
Upcoming Student Birthdays
Character Pillar of the Month: T R U S T W O R T H I N E S S
Respect Pillar Award Winner: Brooke L.
Responsibility Award Winner: Sam H.
Caring Award Winner: Ava S.
Fairness Award Winner: Derek P.
Trustworthy Award Winner: Gianna V.
Citizenship Award Winner:
Robust Vocabulary Words: bountiful, vast, stature, relentless, roused, resourceful, intentions, inadvertently
See link below for Quizlet activities and games for this week's robust vocabulary words. Be sure to click on the appropriate lesson number for the correct words of the week!
For ease of finding the lessons, copy and paste the link below (or search quizlet.com for Kyriacopoulos) https://quizlet.com/Kyriacopoulos/folders/story-town
Story: click link for ebook Story Town book Lesson 18: "Hewitt Anderson's Great Big Life"
Reading Test on story, skill (theme), & robust vocabulary list will be on Friday, April 7
BLOCK 1: LRC (Library) will be on THURSDAYS at 9:50 am
BLOCK 2: LRC (Library) will be on THURSDAYS at 12:50 pm
Writing: tall tale/folktale/fairy tale writing
Spelling: see link Spelling Word Lists See Lesson 18 Spelling List (prefixes: -over, -sub, -under) Lesson 18 Spelling Test on Friday, April 7
Challenge Words: overwhelmed, subcommittee, subarctic, overlook, undertow
Please use online link below for Quizlet activities and games, or Spelling City, that will help with this week's spelling words. Be sure to click on the appropriate lesson number for the correct words for the week!
Quizlet: Online games for spelling review
Click link for WONDEROPOLIS
Click link for Tour of the 50 States
Click link for Brain Pop!
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS of the WEEK
1. Reading: What is THEME? How can you determine the THEME in a story?
2. Language Arts: Describe the purpose of an ADJECTIVE. What questions do adjectives answer about nouns?
Contact Information: (815) 462-2870 ext. 5354 or email@example.com