Weekly Updates for Week of January 21-25, 2019:
- MUSIC Week
- NO SCHOOL on Monday, January 21: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Rocket Town Permission Slips & $3.00 due by Jan. 24. The Rocket Town Event is on Friday, Feb. 1 from 3:30-5 pm.
- Yearbook Orders: Slip and payment ($13) due by Jan. 31
- Six Flags Read to Succeed Reading Logs: Due by February 22
- Ice cream sold at lunch for $1.00 every Tuesday and Thursday for the year!
STAR OF THE WEEK:
Upcoming Student Birthdays
**Lincoln -- Feb. 3
**Gerardo -- Feb. 3
**Bella -- Feb. 4
Character Pillar of the Month: C A R I N G
Respect Pillar Award Winner: Ellie L.
Responsibility Award Winner: Ryan L.
Caring Award Winner: Kayla B.
Fairness Award Winner:
Trustworthy Award Winner:
Citizenship Award Winner:
ReadyGEN Story: How the Stars Fell Into the Sky
Skills: problem/solution; theme; character description
DAILY BENCHMARK VOCABULARY for "How the Stars Fell Into the Sky": legend, mythology, impatiently, squatting, whine, deliberately, shifting, grumbled, crouching, disarray, haste
Quizlet link for online vocabulary practice: (see "How the Stars Fell Into the Sky")
- Anchor Text: Why the Sea is Salty
- Supporting Text(s): "How the Stars Fell Into the Sky"
- Sleuth Story: "Pecos Bill & John Henry"
BLOCK 1: Library will be on THURSDAYS at 8:00 a.m.
BLOCK 2: Library will be on THURSDAYS at 12:45 p.m.
Grammar: simple sentences (fragments & run-ons) & compound sentences
Writing: Narrative Writing
Spelling: List #16: Contractions; Google Classroom Spelling Test #16 will be on Friday, January 25
Please use online link below for Spelling City, that will help with this week's spelling words. Be sure to search "Kyriacopoulos" and click on the appropriate lesson number for the correct words for the week!
Click link for WONDEROPOLIS
Click link for Tour of the 50 States
Click link for Brain Pop!
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS of the WEEK
1. Reading: Can you identify the theme in a narrative text?
2. Language Arts: Can you compose a clearly written story using dialogue and sensory language to develop the characters and theme?
Contact Information: (815) 462-2870 ext. 5354 or email@example.com