Weekly Updates for Week of May 27-31, 2019:
- MUSIC Week
- Monday, May 27: No School (Memorial Day)
- Tuesday, May 28: No School (Teacher Institute)
- Friday, May 31: Bowling Field Trip (8:45 - 11:30 a.m.) **No concessions
- Ice cream sold at lunch for $1.00 every Tuesday and Thursday for the year!
STAR OF THE WEEK:
Upcoming Student Birthdays
Character Pillar of the Month: C I T I Z E N S H I P
Respect Pillar Award Winner: Ellie L.
Responsibility Award Winner: Ryan L.
Caring Award Winner: Kayla B.
Fairness Award Winner: Aidan B.
Trustworthy Award Winner: Zander A.
Citizenship Award Winner: Gerardo L.
ReadyGEN Story: LUNCH MONEY NOVEL TEST: Friday, May 24 . (Use Lunch Money Quizlet for practice) We will begin working on student created mini comic books.
Skills: Developing a comic book story: characters, setting, plot
DAILY BENCHMARK VOCABULARY for "Lunch Money": halting, improper, kinship, conceited, trudging, contritely, efficient, uneasy, disputes, controversy, pioneering, tycoons, noble, dramatic, contributing, constructive, wholesome, arbitration
Quizlet link for online vocabulary practice: (see )
- Anchor Text:
- Supporting Text(s):
- Sleuth Story:
BLOCK 1: Library will be on THURSDAYS at 8:00 a.m.
BLOCK 2: Library will be on THURSDAYS at 12:45 p.m.
Writing: descriptive (Pest Patrol Wanted Poster Activity)
Spelling: No Spelling Test the week of May 27th!
Please use online link below for Spelling City, that will help with this week's spelling words. Be sure to search "Kyriacopoulos" and click on the appropriate lesson number for the correct words for the week!
Click link for WONDEROPOLIS
Click link for Tour of the 50 States
Click link for Brain Pop!
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS of the WEEK
1. Reading: How can readers state and support opinions about both literary and informational texts?
2. Language Arts: How do writers use text evidence to support their opinions?
Contact Information: (815) 462-2870 ext. 5354 or firstname.lastname@example.org