Weekly Updates for Week of March 19-23, 2018:
- MUSIC Week
- PARCC TESTING will begin on March 13, and will go until March 22. STUDENTS MUST HAVE WORKING HEADPHONES at school for the testing process to run smoothly.
- Cops Care Food Drive: collecting the entire month of March
- 4th Grade Second Trimester Reward Movie on March 23---permission slips with chosen movie are due back by March 21
- Spring Break: March 26-April 2. School will resume on Tuesday, April 3.
- Ice cream sold at lunch for $1.00 every Tuesday and Thursday for the year!
STAR OF THE WEEK:
Upcoming Student Birthdays
Character Pillar of the Month: T R U S T W O R T H I N E S S
Respect Pillar Award Winner: Abby B.
Responsibility Award Winner: Daniel J.
Caring Award Winner: Ava P.
Fairness Award Winner: Nolan B.
Trustworthy Award Winner: Sofia F.
Citizenship Award Winner:
READING: Supporting Text:
Block 1: We will be reading the novel, Stone Fox, during PARCC week
Block 2: Shark Week/PARCC Week Research Project (in-school)
Skills: main idea/details
Vocabulary Words: Daily Benchmark Vocabulary: none this week
Quizlet link for online vocabulary practice:
Story: Unit 2 Anchor Text: (see above)
BLOCK 1: LRC (LIBRARY) will be on THURSDAYS at 8:00 a.m.
BLOCK 2: LRC (LIBRARY) will be on THURSDAYS at 12:45 p.m.
Grammar: using dictionaries & capitalization
Writing: Continue narrative tall tale stories
Spelling: List #21 Skill: Multisyllable Words
List #21 Test will be on Thursday, March 22 (word list will be sent home on Monday, March 12)
Please use online link below for Spelling City, that will help with this week's spelling words. Be sure to search "Kyriacopoulos" and click on the appropriate lesson number for the correct words for the week!
Click link for WONDEROPOLIS
Click link for Tour of the 50 States
Click link for Brain Pop!
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS of the WEEK
1. Reading: Can you find examples of figurative language when used in text? Can you include similes in your writing to make it more descriptive?
2. Language Arts: Are you able to write a fiction or nonfiction narrative, including character development with dialogue?
Contact Information: (815) 462-2870 ext. 5354 or email@example.com