Prior to teaching in New Lenox, I spent 4 years in private education primarily teaching students kindergarten through fifth grade. During this time, I also assisted in developing and implementing before/after-school and summer care programs for students ages 2-12 years old. My journey with the New Lenox School District began in 2016 as a paraprofessional in the Excel Program at Cherry Hill. I have taught within the same program, servicing students pre-k through 1st grade, since August 2017.
My favorite part of teaching is reflecting upon the growth of my learners. In Excel, I cherish facilitating greater independence, building upon communication and helping students develop foundational classroom functioning skills. My hope is to continue to encourage others to discover their potential by finding value in achieving personal triumphs/goals.
Painting, Traveling, Yoga, Kayaking, Hiking, Bowling, Gardening
- Family - I have 2 brothers who are my absolute pride and joy. I am not yet married and do not yet have any children of my own.
- My older brother lives over 2,000 miles away in California so my absolute favorite thing to do is spend time with my siblings, exploring the coast, and indulging in all of our similarities and interests.
- I am a proud plant mom to over 20 different types of plants all happily nestled in my small home. I absolutely love plants/nature, learning and caring for every little inch of life!
- I have visited 14 of the 50 states. Almost every destination becomes my new favorite place!
- I am an Illinois native, and was born and raised in Mokena, IL.
- My perfect vacation consists of waking up every day surrounded by mountains, rich in history and lush greenery.
- I first dreamt of becoming a special education teacher in the 3rd grade :-) Ask me about my "why" for teaching!
- GSU, BA Elementary Education and Middle School Biology
- USF, Learning Behavior Specialist I Endorsed
- Color: Greens/Blues
- Food: Tacos
- Candy: Kit Kat
- Animal: Manatees, Sea lions
- Season: Summer/Fall
- Place: Visiting family in California
- Quote: "Sometimes you just have to create your own sunshine." -unknown
- As a Child: Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson and The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- As an Adult: Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling , Look Me in the Eye by John Robison
- Children's Book: Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak, anything Pete the Cat, I Say Ooh, You Say Ahh by John Kane (the list goes on...)