My journey with the New Lenox School District began in 2016 as a paraprofessional in the Excel Program at Cherry Hill, while I spent time completing my Learning Behavior Specialist I certification. I spent my first 3 years teaching in the district within the Excel program, servicing students pre-k through 2nd grade. I then joined the Nelson Ridge Resource/Instructional team in 2020. I am beyond proud to be a New Lenox School District 122 Teacher! :)
My favorite part of teaching is reflecting upon the growth of my learners. I cherish facilitating academic and functional growth for all of my learners, by helping them reach greater independence, confidence and mastery of skills within the classroom and their daily lives. My hope is to continue to encourage others to discover their potential by finding value in achieving personal triumphs/goals.
Painting, Traveling, Yoga, Kayaking, Hiking, Bowling, Gardening/tending to my many houseplants!
- Family - I have 2 brothers who are my absolute pride and joy. Any day I get to spend with them, is the new best day ever!
- My older brother lives over 2,000 miles away in California so my absolute favorite thing to do is spend time with my siblings, exploring the coast, and indulging in all of our similarities and interests.
- I am a proud plant mom to over 20 different types of plants, all of which are happily nestled in my small home. I absolutely love plants/nature, learning and caring for every little inch of life!
- I have visited 14 of the 50 states, and almost every new destination becomes my new favorite place!
- I am an Illinois native, and was born and raised in Mokena, IL.
- My perfect vacation consists of waking up in a location surrounded by mountains, rich in history and lush greenery. I absolutely love to explore new regions!
- I first dreamt of becoming a special education teacher in the 3rd grade :-) Ask me about my "why" for teaching!
- GSU, BA Elementary Education and Middle School Biology, 2015
- USF, Learning Behavior Specialist I, 2017
- Color: Greens/Blues
- Food: Tacos
- Candy: Kit Kat
- Animal: Manatees
- Season: Summer/Fall
- Place: Visiting family in California
- Quote: "Sometimes you just have to create your own sunshine." -unknown
- As a Child: Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson and The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- As an Adult: Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling , Look Me in the Eye by John Robison
- Children's Book: Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak, anything Pete the Cat, I Say Ooh, You Say Ahh by John Kane (the list goes on...)