Reading Rockets Book Club
Sponsor: Mrs. Drews, Librarian
Who may join: Anyone and everyone who loves to read and talk about books (Open to grades 4-6)
Meeting Days: We will meet 10 Thursdays - September through January & April (no meetings in February or March).
What will we do??
The main focus will be on the Illinois Readers’ Choice nominee books including:
- Rebecca Caudill Young Readers’ Book Award (Grades 4-8)
- Bluestem Award (Grades 3-5)
These books will be recommended but not required reading to participate in the club. A part of each meeting will involve free discussion of favorite books.
Other activities may include:
- Making advertisements for favorite books
- Creating library decorations and displays
- Craft projects to go along with books we are discussing