The Storytown curriculum is divided into six themes. Each theme consists of five lessons. The first two lessons of the unit will focus on one skill and the second two lessons will focus on an additional skill. The fifth lesson in each theme is a review. Below you will find all thirty lessons broken down into themes. Each lesson has a study guide that you can use to help study for our weekly test.
Spelling City: Please use this website to help your child study their spelling words. All thirty lessons are available
Playing on the Internet is fun. Make sure you stay safe. Follow the guidelines below every time you go on the Internet. Remember to also discuss these guidelines with Mom or Dad. The most important safety guideline is to get your parent’s permission every time you visit the Internet.
Internet Safety Guidelines:
1. Always ask your parents before going online.
2. Be polite when talking to people online.
3. Don't give out personal information like your name, address or phone number, or school name on the Internet.
4. Stop right away if you read something that upsets you and tell your parents.
5. Never send pictures to anyone from the Internet without parent permission.
6. Never meet an Internet friend in person without parent permission.
7. Don't open emails that are upsetting to you and don't open emails from people you don't know.
8. Tell your parents if you are being bullied online or if you see someone else being bullied online.
9. Don't copy other website's work as your own.
Your child should be bringing their assignment notebook and portfolio home nightly.
Please check your child's assignment notebook nightly to assure that your child is completing their assignments and sign it.
- Spelling - Spelling Pre-tests are given on Mondays. The pretest is used to determine which words your child needs to practice throughout the week. Students are required to complete 40 points on their spelling contracts throughout the week. Contracts are due on Friday. They only need to practice the words missed on the pretest.
- Reading Log - Reading Logs are passed out on Monday and due back the following Monday. Your child should be reading for twenty minutes a night. If your child misses a night during the week they are able to make up for it on the weekend.
FRIDAY REWARD RECESS - On Friday's, the fourth graders are given an extra reward recess. This recess is for students who have completed ALL of their homework throughout the week. If a student is missing any homework, they will have to miss reward recess.