Welcome to 5th Grade!
Hello, my name is Mrs. Jevitz, and I am very excited to start the school year off teaching 5th grade Math, Science, and Social Studies at Spencer Crossing. I am looking forward, throughout the next couple of months, to learn more about all of you, and I’m sure you would like to know a little about myself as well. I got married on June 19, 2015; all of my former students know me as Ms. Zajda. I moved to Joliet in January of 2016; my husband and I finally became homeowners! I have many enjoyable memories of my school days and I hope to provide my students with the same.
I graduated in the spring of 2013 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education, with endorsements in Mathematics, Language Arts, Social Sciences and Middle School and am currently pursuing my Master's degree in Educational Leadership. I have worked with students of all ages. My first year teaching I taught sixth grade at Spencer Crossing, and seventh and eighth grade students at Liberty and Martino. During my second year, I taught 6th grade at Nelson Ridge. Last year, I taught 5th grade at Spencer Crossing. I am very excited to begin my fourth year teaching in New Lenox School District 122 this year! Throughout this year I hope to share many of my talents and special interests with you and your child.
- Some of my goals for this year include:
- Getting to know the students individually
- Teaching the students in a way they enjoy
- Holding the students accountable for their actions
- Bettering myself as a professional educator
- Creating a comfortable environment for the students
- In our classroom, I will be focusing on creating an environment where we respect each other. I expect all students to respect themselves, their peers, and all other school personnel at all times. I will not allow anyone to be disrespected by my students. I also expect my students to come to class ready and willing to learn. Please keep these in mind throughout the school year.
I believe this will be a successful experience for all of the students and me. I am looking forward to getting to know the students and developing a professional relationship so everyone will be able to experience success. If you need to reach me feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandella