Welcome to Spencer Pointe School. My name is Kim Gray and I am the Principal of Spencer Pointe School. I live in New Lenox with my husband and 2 daughters, Jillian (17) and Cassidy (14). I am honored to be a part of this school community. This is my 17th year in New Lenox School District and there is no place that I'd rather be an educator. The Spencer Pointe community is successful because of the partnership between school and home.
Our theme this year is TOGETHER WE CAN. This year is definitely unique. Since COVID-19 began we have all been put into a position that we have never been in before. Whether you have chosen remote learning or in person learning, we are planning a great year for each child. We appreciate the ongoing support, grace and understanding that each of you have allowed us as we make decisions. I want this year to be magical years for our students where they grow academically, socially and emotionally. Each person on our staff is here for a reason. They are all here to nurture your child and instill in them the ability to become a great global citizen through understanding, kindness and caring. Please continue to be a partner in education with us. As we have found out, we never know what tomorrow will bring. We will do our best in whatever situation we find ourselves in as this year progresses.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or 815-462-7988.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science: Charleston Southern University (1995)
- Master of Science in Education: Northern Illinois University (2003)
- Doctor of Education: University of St Francis (2015)
- 1st-3rd grade teacher--10 years (Chicago, Il/Fontana, Ca/ Lemont, Il)
- 1st grade teacher--2 years (New Lenox, Il)
- Assistant Principal--2 years (New Lenox, Il)
- Principal--13 years (New Lenox, Il)